We are upgrading jira from 6.4 to 7.4 and some of our custom made scripts stopped working because of new api calls. I want to setup an test environment in eclipse but with no success.
I've been struggling with connecting my eclipse environment to my local jira 7.2.2 instance.
This is what I've done so far.
First of all, I finished the HelloWorld plugin project and continued til Modify the plugin using QuickReload.
Now I have a small plugin that works in my jira instance, it is a custom drop down menu with one item in it.
After this I want to setup a debug environment in eclipse.
1. I run atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse in my plugin folder.
2. Import my plugin to eclipse.
3. Create breakpoints in the code.
3. Run atlas-debug in my plugin folder.
4. In eclipse: Run -> Debug configurations -> new Remote Java Application. Host: localhost Port:5005 then I press debug.
5. Going to debug perspective and it seems like I'm connected.
6. Going to my web page on localhost:2990/jira and I try functions in my Jira plugin to trigger the code.
Nothing happens... web page freezes and eclipse show nothing new.When I disconnect eclipse web page starts running again.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot