How to prevent specific users from editing a workflow?

Steve D November 4, 2020

Hello.

I have a few users who'll need to modify ProForma forms from time to time but I don't want them creating or editing workflows.

Is there a way to allow some users to edit ProForma forms in a Project but lock/disallow creating/editing a workflow ?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

in the workflow scheme, you can add a validation.

I used the right "move issue" vor validation for certain workflows. if the user has the "move issue" right, he can change the workflow to another status.

Steve D November 10, 2020

Thanks, Alexander. I appreciate the response!

I was hoping there's a way to disable workflow creation and editing, while allowing rest of project administration. If I go under project permissions --> actions --> edit permissions, I end up in permission schema, which doesn't allow granular permission selection for the "project Administrator" role.

As a comparison to SharePoint, I can create a custom permission level, say "CreateNoDelete" and select individual actions such as add, edit, view, approve but no delete action- really a granular way at like Jira Project level.

Thanks!

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

@Steve D 

in workflow, I added a validator for creating issues, which I then use in the permission scheme:

image.png

Steve D November 13, 2020

Thanks Alexander! This might work. I'll try your suggestion.

-Steve

Like Alexander Pappert likes this

Suggest an answer