• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to prevent specific users from editing a workflow?

Hello.

I have a few users who'll need to modify ProForma forms from time to time but I don't want them creating or editing workflows.

Is there a way to allow some users to edit ProForma forms in a Project but lock/disallow creating/editing a workflow ?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

in the workflow scheme, you can add a validation.

I used the right "move issue" vor validation for certain workflows. if the user has the "move issue" right, he can change the workflow to another status.

Thanks, Alexander. I appreciate the response!

I was hoping there's a way to disable workflow creation and editing, while allowing rest of project administration. If I go under project permissions --> actions --> edit permissions, I end up in permission schema, which doesn't allow granular permission selection for the "project Administrator" role.

As a comparison to SharePoint, I can create a custom permission level, say "CreateNoDelete" and select individual actions such as add, edit, view, approve but no delete action- really a granular way at like Jira Project level.

Thanks!

@Steve D 

in workflow, I added a validator for creating issues, which I then use in the permission scheme:

image.png

Thanks Alexander! This might work. I'll try your suggestion.

-Steve

Like Alexander Pappert likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you