You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
We are running on a Jira Data Center instance of version 8.20.12 and would like to customize our email templates. The way we have been doing this is
1. Download .zip from System -> Mail -> Email templates
2. Make changes to .vm files
3. Save the changes and upload .zip
And we were able to see the changes. However, such a downloading-uploading loop is cumbersome and not ideal for version control. I've read this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0820/customizing-email-content-in-jira-server-1095777454.html
and performed the following in the "Optional: Deploying Velocity templates without restarting Jira" section:
1. Change class.resource.loader.cache from true to false
2. Remove the comment sign (#) from #velocimacro.library.autoreload=true
We could not see the changes being picked up by Jira without an upload. For a data center instance, we'd like to know if there's a way that we can let Jira pick up changes immediately.
1. Is there a way to disable/clear the cache?
2. Is there a command that we can use to force that?
3. Is there a way to restart velocity template without restarting the Jira instance
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.