It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to organize the process of finding resources using Atlassian?

How to organize the process of finding resources using Atlassian?
Hello!

I am trying to invent a full-fledged personnel search system for companies. Need to use Atlassian. Did not get joy
- JIRA + Confluence is not tightly integrated enough. JIRA for vacancies, Merger for CVs of candidates (base of candidates). Bad with the rights, bad with the fields. Almost everything is bad. And with the jamb notifications
- JIRA + JIRA is also a bit of a mess, but better

Can you find out how you work in a company?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Mar 06, 2019

Hey Viktar,

At maybe the least-complex level, we offer a project template for doing this in Jira Core: Using Jira Core for HR Projects

Some ideas are provided for scaling this out a little - for example using a regular issue for tracking the actual open position and subtasks for tracking applicants. You can restrict the project permissions to just the recruiting team, or use issue security to lock down visibility on individual roles/candidates.

I've also seen people use a combination of Confluence + Jira to do this, but as you mention it can get a little unwieldy. My personal preference for building this out at a small to mid-sized organization would be to do it all in Jira and attach things like resumes to the Jira issues. Interview notes could be new custom fields, or maybe even just comments on the issue from the people doing the interviewing.

Let us know how you fare, this would make a great article!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

[Survey] Development tools and DevOps - share your thoughts!

Hey Community! I work at Atlassian in product marketing and we are conducting a survey to better understand how people feel about their development tool chain and DevOps. We would love if you could...

91 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you