How to organize the process of finding resources using Atlassian?

Tony Montana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2019

How to organize the process of finding resources using Atlassian?
Hello!

I am trying to invent a full-fledged personnel search system for companies. Need to use Atlassian. Did not get joy
- JIRA + Confluence is not tightly integrated enough. JIRA for vacancies, Merger for CVs of candidates (base of candidates). Bad with the rights, bad with the fields. Almost everything is bad. And with the jamb notifications
- JIRA + JIRA is also a bit of a mess, but better

Can you find out how you work in a company?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hey Viktar,

At maybe the least-complex level, we offer a project template for doing this in Jira Core: Using Jira Core for HR Projects

Some ideas are provided for scaling this out a little - for example using a regular issue for tracking the actual open position and subtasks for tracking applicants. You can restrict the project permissions to just the recruiting team, or use issue security to lock down visibility on individual roles/candidates.

I've also seen people use a combination of Confluence + Jira to do this, but as you mention it can get a little unwieldy. My personal preference for building this out at a small to mid-sized organization would be to do it all in Jira and attach things like resumes to the Jira issues. Interview notes could be new custom fields, or maybe even just comments on the issue from the people doing the interviewing.

Let us know how you fare, this would make a great article!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer