How to omit a specific issue type (or issue) from a two filter

Lorenzo Ferguson October 31, 2019

I'm creating a filter to include issues linked to a Task, New Work, Epic, User Story or etc.

Many issue types can be linked to a filter. 

I'm using the two dimensional filter to display the Tasks, New Work or etc and they're related Linked Issues.  But I only want to display Linked Issues that are Defects.

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

@Lorenzo Ferguson And by the photo you shared it's not issuelinkedtype...it's "issueLinkType" make the caps and spelling correct and retry once

Lorenzo Ferguson November 1, 2019

@Kevin Johnson 
That doesn't make any difference.  It seems that isn't recognized404Capture.PNG either.

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2019

@Lorenzo Ferguson is your jira instance is below 8.0.0 ?

Lorenzo Ferguson November 5, 2019

@Kevin Johnson We're running 7.4.1

Do we need to have a newer version to do what you're asking?

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2019

@Lorenzo Ferguson I believe the issueLinkType keyword in the filter works above 8.0.0 + 

In this post a guy from atlassian team says the same please refer https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/issueLinkType-not-returning-results/qaq-p/1099760

Lorenzo Ferguson November 7, 2019

@Kevin Johnson It appears i'll need to upgrade to see if issueLinkType will then work for me

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2019

@Lorenzo Ferguson yea thats what I also believe so .

Lorenzo Ferguson December 18, 2019

@Kevin Johnson 
It's been awhile. But we've upgraded JIRA to version 8.4.1.

I'm trying the issueLinkType again but it doesn't have selecting 'issue type' as an option.

Lorenzo Ferguson December 18, 2019

@Kevin Johnson 
It's been awhile. But we've upgraded JIRA to version 8.4.1.

I'm trying the issueLinkType again but it doesn't have selecting 'issue type' as an option.NoissueLinkType.PNG

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2019

@Lorenzo Ferguson mention the issueLinkType that you would like to filter and then hope it works ..!

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

Hi @Lorenzo Ferguson

Create a normal filter and in last add if it's type is like defect .

E.g. and issueLinkType = "has defect"

Regards 

Kevin.

Hey @Kevin Johnson , 

How exactly would I frame that in my query?  I don't see an option for it

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

@Kevin Johnson 
Here's my query.
The part is BOLD is where i'm trying to use the filter but have it ONLY show linkedIssues that are defects or omit certain issue IDs i.e. (XB7-402)
project = CPE-XB7 AND Labels = MVP_XB7 AND Sprint = 8818 AND Status in (Integration, Closed, "Close Approval") AND "Status Details" in ("Ready for Test", "Go", "No Go", "Partial Go") AND issue in linkedIssues("") AND type not in (Requirement, Document, Epic) ORDER BY fixVersion ASC, Severity DESC, updatedDate DESC, key DESC, status DESC402Capture.PNG

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

@Lorenzo Ferguson if you give me out the exact scenario i would even try to create a query . What first imagined from your question is little different from what you have implemented

@Kevin Johnson 
What I explained above is pretty much the exact scenario. 

That's my query, which is I want to query issues for a project, with a label, sprint.
Then I want to display the results of the filter to show the following columns (Key, Summary and Links (ONLY display Linked Issues that of of the defect type)
The image I shared previously is what I want to see WITHOUT displaying the non-defect issues i.e. XB7-402.

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

@Lorenzo Ferguson instead of "issue in linked issue " try adding "and issueLinkType='defect' ".

@Kevin Johnson 
it doesn't appear as though issueLinkType is an option.

403Capture.PNG

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2019

Your creating a filter with some requirement and that results a set of linked issues and among the linked issues you needed only the defect type of issue to be filtered 

Am i right @Lorenzo Ferguson ??

And by the photo you shared it's not issuelinkedtype...it's "issueLinkType" make the caps and spelling correct and retry once

@Kevin , you're mostly correct.
From the set of linked issues, I ONLY want defect issue types to be displayed. 
So as...
ITEM #1 has linked issues XB-1 (defect type), XB-2 (non-defect type), XB-3 (defect type)
ITEM #2 has linked issues XB-5 (non-defect type), XB-6 (non-defect type)

ITEM #3 has linked issues XB-8 (defect type), XB-11 (defect type)

I'd want my two-dimensional filter to display...

ITEM #                   Linked Issues 
ITEM #1                 XB-1, XB-3
ITEM #1                 
ITEM #1                 XB-8, XB-11

So still display everything that shows in the base filter; however, when displaying that data leave the Linked Issues field empty if the LinkedIssues are not defect type.

Make sense?

Like Kevin Johnson likes this

Suggest an answer