issueLinkType not returning results

Andrew Chung June 4, 2019

I read that JIRA cloud didnt have issueLinkType function but I have JIRA server and I cant seem to use issueLinkType.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2019

Hi Andrew,

The issuelinktype field reference was introduced in Jira 8.0.0.  Your 7.13.0 version does not have that feature yet.  You can read about this some more in the Jira Core 8.0.0 release notes.   Provided that your license for Jira is still valid you should be able to upgrade to any 8.x.x version to gain this feature.

Regards,

Andy

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2019

thanks for confirming @Andy Heinzer 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2019

correct it isn't available in Cloud but is in server.

here is the relevant documentation - issuelinktype

The fact I have the server version means I should have this feature. The problem is that the error in red font is:

Field 'linkissuetype' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Is there a work around?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2019

i wonder if it is a version issue? being a permission issue would seem odd to me but i'm not on server.

Here is what I have:

Atlassian Jira Project Management Software (v7.13.0#713000)

Suggest an answer