How to notify a user when they are assigned to a project?

Thomas Sawyer August 20, 2019

I understand how to notify users when an issue is created/changed/deleted. But how can I add an email notification to all users as they are assigned to a project?

1 answer

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

What do you mean by assigned to the project?

In the notification scheme, you can make sure that when something happens to the task, all users of the project receive a notification about this, for example, by making a special role, assign it to all the necessary users in the project and change the notification scheme.

But you can’t send a notification to the user when you add the user to the project, this is a bit strange)

Jason Holladay February 4, 2021

Actually, it's not that strange.  I just set up two new projects with several people on each of them.  People who are supposed to report issues to the projects don't know they exist unless they get some kind of notification.  As it is, I have to notify them myself manually.  It seems reasonable that the system would generate an e-mail when someone is added to a project.  At least confluence has a 'share' button.  I was looking for one of those when I stumbled across this.

When I add a group to a new bitbucket repository, everyone seems to get notified that they've been added.

Jason Holladay February 4, 2021

Found the share button.  Sometimes I forget that a '<' with knobs on it means "share".

Suggest an answer