How to modify request type of a ticket ?

Hello,

i am discovering again JIRA Service Desk, i must setup a tool for my customer with 2 types of tickets.

I have seen that 1 request type is linked to 1 issue type.

First question, i need sometimes to modify the request type of a ticket. With grand administration i can modify issue type but i can't modify request type. How to do that ?

Second question, the list of fields available in request type is not in accordance with fields available in screen of the issue type. For example i want to display the value of "issue type" :

- not available in list of fields for request type
- available in "setup configuration" of the issue type associated.
- available in default screens

Where is the problem ?

1 answer

0 vote

JIRA Service Desk doesn't expect the request type to change, so it doesn't let the users do it.

The Service Desk is a simplified front-end, with the issues being for use behind-the-scenes for JIRA users (agents) and not customers. 

The customers are not supposed to see the issue types - the point is that the request shields them from the internal details like that. 

So what is the best solution ?

Imagine that in JIRA Service Desk, the customer create a ticket "request type = change". But after analysis of the agent, it's a request type "problem".

At the moment, the agent can modify the issue type (he can't modify the request type), but the customer see only the request type.

How to resolve this use case ?

The user got it wrong, but generally, it doesn't matter.  They still see their request as before, and the agent can change the issue type to the appropriate so it still gets dealt with correctly.

The agent can change the issue type but the customer has no idea of this change. The only solution is to add a comment for the customer, or to add a specific component ...

Also, my system ticket had to count automatically the tickets of type "change" and of type "problem".

it's not good that the agent can't change request type, or that the customer can't see the issue type :(.

But ok i will do this use case manually.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you