How to minimize workflow transition screen?

Hi everybody,

is it possible to minimize a transition screen?

When transition screen appears, user cannot move it, drag it etc so if you need to see something on issue has to cancel the transition.

If you cancel the transition you loose everything that you might have typed.

There is also the workaround to open transition screen on new tab, but then you have to switch browser tabs all the time.

Thanx in advance.

2 answers

Kostas,

I understand your motive for asking this, but the idea of modal forms is to get the attention of the user and cannot be minimized or loose focus.

https://developer.atlassian.com/design/1.3/dialogs/modal-dialog/

Modal dialogs are used to get a response from a user, to reveal critical information that cannot be ignored, or to show data without losing the overall context of a page. Interactions on the main page must wait for the dialog to close.

Cheers.

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Feb 20, 2014

Yes, but I think Kostas don't want the dialog to be not modal. He wants to look at (not modify) the issue behind the dialog. The ability to move or minimize the dialog would be nice.

Hey guys,

thanx for the feedback.

@Aggelos, your link clarified how dialogs work. With this configuration the only workaround is to use javascript, but this is something i want to avoid.

@Henning, that's exactly what i want. I just want info from issue. No edits, transitions etc.

Trick is to create a Javascript button element under one of the transition screen's description.

Javascript code will hide the dialog;

document.getElementsByClassName('jira-dialog-open')[0].style.display = 'none';
document.getElementsByClassName('aui-blanket')[0].style.display = 'none';

If you can develop this further (to create a 'Maximize' button on-the-fly), it will be working fine. But you will need a lot of effort to make sure that things won't go wrong with UI.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot