How to merge two instances of Jira in one?

Liliane Caetano November 15, 2019

Hello, I have two Jira instances in my company and we would like to merge both in one instance. Both have projects and both are with the same Jira version,

I tried to do the steps in most articles here, but when i try to import my backup from one instances to the other, It says: Import your data first. Importing your data file will overwrite all data (except for users and groups) in your Jira Cloud site.

I do not want to overwrite any data, i Just need all project to be in the same instance. Can someone point me out an article that explains how to do that?

Thank you

Liliane

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2019

Hello,

You can take a look at this documentation below . You will have 2 option, use jira server or use csv import. Everything is explain in the link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-multiple-instances-of-jira-cloud-779160767.html

As @Joe Pitt said the plugin is not available in cloud

Hope this helps.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2019

There is no built in way to merge instances. There is a paid for plugin in the marketplace. I think it is called project manager that allows you to do it. However I don't know if you can install it in the cloud. 

1 vote
Liliane Caetano November 18, 2019

Thank you everyone. I did a CSV import for stories, bugs and so on, and created my own workflow and board. A lot of rework for attachments and sprint values. 

Suggest an answer