How to manage email address change for multiple Atlassian profiles linked to the same address

Marian Cernea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2020

I've set up multiple profiles in different atlassian spaces using the same email address. Right now I'm looking to change the email address in each of those profiles to "alias" addresses, meaning from "account@domain.com" I'll be changing to "account+name@domain.com". This way I get all notifications to one inbox, but I'm able to set up a different password for each profile.

Since "account@domain.com" is already linked to users in all of those Atlassian spaces, I think it may cause problems. I tried doing this already a few weeks ago and for some reason after changing the address from "account@" to "account+name@" in one of the spaces, I couldn't login with "account@" to an atlassian space where I hadn't made any changes - weird! I can't determine whether the login issue was directly related to the change I made before, but it sure seems weird I had login issue one day after having made that change (and there were no login issues before).

Has anyone tried this before? Is there an easier way to switch to individual email addresses for each space without actually creating new email accounts? 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events