Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to make a structure description show below the structure title

I would like to show the structure description or a message shown below the structure title in order to communicate things like 'Please do this or please don't do that'. It will also be used to explain what the structure is about if the title isn't sufficient to do so.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello Anjali,

You can achieve a similar solution here by using a Memo in the structure - you can create a Memo at the top of the structure and use it as a container for the structure itself, i.e. it will act as a top-level folder-like parent item for the structure's content. And you can add in this Memo's description any text you want; the users will just need to click on the Memo itself and its details(including the added description) will appear in the right panel. You can find more about Memos in our wiki: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Memo

Alternatively, you can also use the Notes column in the structure where you can add any text for any item in the structure. So you can add a description there somewhere at the top of the structure at the root level where the structure's name is displayed or next to any other fitting item.

Please feel free to reach out to us via support.almworks.com for proper support in the future.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Thanks. Reading this response, it sounded like it is necessary to use the memo as a container for structure and that all issues will be child of that. This would not be a good approach for me since I didn't want the nesting way to change. In practice, This is not required. I created a memo at the same level as the other top level issues in the structure and did not need to change any automation. Solution worked well for my need.

One minor bug : 

When In the grid+ details view and clicking on the memo, there is some unaligned UI and icon bordering. 

memo UI.PNG

Thank you, I'm glad to hear you managed to find a fitting solution with Memo!
As for the UI-related issue - this definitely doesn't look normal. Can you please check if this behavior is also present:
- in another browser;
- in the incognito mode.

Potentially, this can be a compatibility problem between some installed apps or browser extensions, or it can be caused by something else. But for us to be able to say anything for certain, we would need to investigate it properly and analyze some technical data from your instance. To avoid sharing it here, please submit a request at our portal support.almworks.com and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Hi, @anjali gola.  Did you have any luck with @Stepan Kholodov last suggestions?

-dave 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you