How to make a field based on list of values and make it appear it as a Drop Down on Dashboard?

Raghavendra kaushik March 21, 2023

Hi,

I have a custom Text field as "PO/POD" in my story. I want it to based on some list of values. example: "O2C", "ABS" etc.

Then from from My Dashboard,I would like use it as a drop-down feature to filter the values rather as text field.

I am using a Jira on Premise version. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@Raghavendra kaushik ,

You can't without an add-on as far as I'm aware of. 

The Field should be a drop down. In order for the dashboard to have quick filter like this based on a drop down set of values, you'll need an add-on. There's plenty of add-on out there for example....Rich Filters.

-Ben

Raghavendra kaushik March 22, 2023

Thanks Ben.

Can you please suggest how can I use Rich Filter or any automation for such kind of requirement?Request you to please elaborate more.

I am pretty new to JIRA. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Raghavendra Kaushik

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Raghavendra kaushik 

First, you will need to look into purchasing an rich filter add-on since this feature is not out of the box. 

To use rich filters, here is the documentation. 

https://wiki.qotilabs.com/rich-filters-cloud

There are other add-ons as well. So, I would recommend to try this add-on first and then try other add-ons similar as well. Then choose which add-on best fits for your company. 

First step is to create the custom field as a drop down. 

Second is to create a filter from rich filter and apply as a controller for your dashboard. This is part of the documentation link provided above.

-Ben

Suggest an answer