How to make Username and Email fields required in Issue Collector

Deleted user September 7, 2017

I am trying to allow all type of users to submit issues via my web application. However the user name and email address are not required fields in the form. And there seems have no config can change it.

Any suggestions please ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Dear Hong Zheng,

Currently there isn't a possibility to modify these fields in the Issue collector and there isn't a web interface solution to set them as required.

You can however do the following....

You will not be able to set the native fields as required, but you can create custom fields and set them as the required ones. To do this (and also to better understand this), follow the steps below:

1. Follow all of the steps contained in this KB to remove the "Name" and "Email" fields from the issue collector;
  2. Once these are removed, browse through Administration -> Issues -> Fields;
  3. Create a couple of custom fields that will fill your needs for "Name" and "Email" in the issue collector;
  4. Set these new fields as required by clicking on the "Field Configurations" tab and then (after clicking on the field configuration you are using) click on the "Required" option in the right side of the custom field;
  5. Browse to the Issue Collector page (inside the project) and set your Issue collector template as "Custom".
  6. Add the fields you've created as required in the Issue Collector;

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

www.prepend.nl

Jesse.Bullard August 18, 2021

Is it possible to complete the above solution on a collector by collector approach?  I've been told to remove the Name and Address fields would need to be on the organizational level.  This would mean that anyone who created an Issue Collector would not see these two fields.

Thank you for the guidance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events