How to make Reporter field to display full user name instead of ID?

Ciprian April 3, 2020

In the Create New page - Reporter field is displayed as User ID instead of full user name.

Is this expected? How can we change it to full user name?

See screenshot.

ReporterField.png

2 answers

1 vote
Lukáš Meitner March 8, 2021

Hi Ciprian,

navigate to the System administration -> Global Permissions

There is the "Browse users and Groups" permission. You must grant that permission to a user's group to which the names should be displayed.

Best regards,

Lukas 

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

Hey @Ciprian

As far as I know, the ID should only be shown when exporting a list of issues and their name is shown. This is for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Have you checked the user administration list to see if their username was set to the ID for some reason? 

Ciprian April 5, 2020

Hi Cody, do you know where to check that?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

There's a couple of ways you can get to it!

1. Press "." (the period button) and that will bring up a search box
  2. Type User Management and select it.
  3. Search for the user in the list

The other way would be to do the following

1. Press the Settings Cog in the bottom left menu
  2. Select User Management
  3. Search for the user in the list

If you do not see the user management option, that would be due to a permission problem. You must be a Jira Administrator to get to this section.

Ciprian April 6, 2020

Is there any specific parameters to identify if an user is associated with GDPR? 

I can see the users, but not sure how that property is called. What I'm I looking for? 

Btw. Forgot to mention that this UID thing is visible only in Create Page, so only while creating a new ticket. After the issue is created, the Reporter field displays the full user name (as it should).

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2020

Every user has the ID (super long string of characters) to follow GDPR rules. As I said, that string should only show when exporting a filter or something like that out of Jira to protect the user.

What you are looking for in their profile is their @ handle. If you click on their profile to view the full thing, in box in the top right will be their @. If its the ID, that's your problem and it needs to be fixed in there profile at https://id.atlassian.com. Only the user can fix that and they would do it by going to the above link, clicking manage profile and changing their public name. If the @ looks normal, I would contact Atlassian Support and see what they say. It shouldn't be showing that way, especially for one user.

Suggest an answer