How to log work on another user's time sheet

I can't figure out how to see and edit other staff members' time sheets in the Tempo plugin. I am trying to bill time for another user in cases where two users work together on a ticket.

I have revised the following permission settings per the Tempo documentation so that they all seem correct:

Tempo Permissions

Configure Time Tracking

Edit All Worklogs

Brows Projects

What am I missing?

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi, in my work I have a supervisor who it's in the admin group for our team, he has the ability to log hours for the team. You have to check the option "Team leader can log work for team members"

and make sure you are on the admin group of the team and the users are on the normal group of the team.

I looked for the option that allows team leaders to log work for team members. It was already checked. I then saw the dropdown in that same list that says "Project role to view other users". That dropdown has specified roles that I do not see can be edited. We do not have roles that match what the dropdown gave me. I created a role in my project that matched the name of a role in this dropdown and then added the relevant staff to it. It works now. Thanks for getting me going on the right track.

From the module navigation, select Tempo... then under the Timesheets section, select the User option. Select the appropriate user in the User dropdown, then click the Log Work button. Select the issue you want to log to and then you should see the Logged and Orginal Estimate values presented for the issue, as well as a field to enter the time the other user worked. Hope this works for ya!

The issue is that I can not see the other users in Tempo order to bill time for them. I try searching in the dropdown and no other names are displayed. I am also unable to see the other staff members' billed time. I have checked the permissions and it seems that I should be able to see them.

That is also doable with Log Work Utilities plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.log-work-utilities/server/overview

It offers standard JIRA Log Work dialog extended by additional "User" field. Simply select "Log Work Extended" option/action located next to standard "Log Work" on the issue page and enjoy. 

I'am afraid "This add-on is no longer maintained"

"Its functionality will be included intohttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.startwork/server/overview"

(but I cannot see this functionnality in the new plugin (yet?)

True. Log Work Utilities add-on is no longer supported and its functionality will be added to Automated Log Work add-on.

Regards, Gebsun

A simple solution is to use this plugin:

Log work as another user

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/es.sistel.plugins.jira.logwork-as-another-user/server/overview

That allows you to log work on behalf of another user of your choice.

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,754 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot