How to link to Document Approval Jira a specific file that is managed on a Confluence page?

Yacob May 30, 2022

Hello all,

I created a Jira project with the template of Document Approval.

I created a Document on this project (hereinafter DOC-1).

Jira allows to link a Confluence page to the DOC-1.

How can I link to DOC-1 a specific file that is managed on a Confluence page?

Thanks in advance.

Yacob.

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Yacob welcome to Community.

Could you provide some more details about the kind of file on your Confluence page that you want to link/display in your Jira issue?

Yacob May 30, 2022

Hello @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

Thanks for your fast response.

A Word file that exist on the Confluence page.

Yacob.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

If you click on the 3 dots on the top right of your Confluence page to open an action menu, you can see the list of attachments for the page, and get a URL for each attachment.

BUT, In many cases, what you need in your Word document could probably be created directly as a Confluence page, and then exported as a Word document when finished/approved. 

This would make tracking changes easier (you have a version history in Confluence) and then the page would be directly linked to your Jira issue.

Is there something in particular that lead your team to attach a Word document to a Confluence page instead of working directly in Confluence? Are they concerned about layout options, or branding, or something else? 

You should be aware at the the Atlassian Companion app (that allowed you to edit Office files from Confluence) has been removed, so Office files can no longer be "managed" from a Confluence page, but removed and re-uploaded.

Yacob June 6, 2022

Hello @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

Thank you for your suggestion.

I understand there is no way to link a Jira issue to a specific Word file that is managed on a Confluence page and the better way is to use Confluence page instead of Word file.

Sincerely,

Yacob.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events