How to limit Sprint selection to current project, *in Jira Cloud Next-Gen projects*?

Sam Mohyee December 7, 2020

This is apparently possible in Jira 8.11.0, whatever that is (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-10805). I've got a 'next-gen' project in Jira cloud, and can't see a way to enable this setting. 

Our company has several teams, each with their own Jira Project. Our sprints are not relevant to each other. Yet for some reason my project's sprints are not even showing up at the top of the dropdown when creating a ticket in that project.

image.png 
We have to scroll down to find our own project's sprints!

Is this setting also possible in Next-Gen projects, or cloud Jira in general? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hi @Sam Mohyee,

Jira SW 8.11 is the on prem version of Jira, a different, self hosted version and a different product all together.

The feature is not available on Cloud. There is an open feature request that you can watch and vote for: JSWCLOUD-10805.

As long as it's not there, a suggestion commonly put forward to help you out is to include (a reference to) your project's name in the sprint name. That makes it easier to find them in the list and improves overall search options, as there is no restriction in Jira that enforces sprint names to be unique either.  

Sam Mohyee December 14, 2020

Thanks for clarifying. I loathe the inconsistency of features offered with this product.

Like Lydia Mzondo likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events