How to integrate Terraform with JIRA Tool

ANANDAN MARIAPPAN December 5, 2022

Hi Team,

Please share what are possibilities and share docs for integration JIRA with Terraform

2 answers

2 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hello @ANANDAN MARIAPPAN ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you elaborate on the use case(s)?  I usually don't associate what Terraform does with Jira.

ANANDAN MARIAPPAN December 5, 2022

We used to connect Jenkins/Git with JIRA rgt.  Like that shall we connect Terraform with JIRA in anyway?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Usually in most places I've seen, Jira is integrated with the overall CI/CD pipeline as implemented by Jenkins or Git-related tools (think GitLab pipelines, Bitbucket pipelines, or GitHub Actions).  That way, the work change is associated with the overall build/deploy process.

Terraform is typically a stage of the deployment process that may run when needed. It doesn't show the entire status of the pipeline run.

That being said, there is an integration between Terraform Cloud and Jira Software Cloud.  It's found in this Atlassian Marketplace listing.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224809/terraform-cloud-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

ANANDAN MARIAPPAN December 7, 2022

Thanks a lot @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ . Sure i will check and come back again if any help need.

0 votes
Felix F
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2024

Am trying to automate the Jira setup wizard. but am not able to find any sample code anywhere. Please can someone help with a sample script or any idea where I can pull one? Thanks

Suggest an answer