How to integrate Structure and Tempo

I want to view Billed Hours (from Tempo) alongside Sum Remaining Estimate (from Structure) so I can see the total hours for an issue. I don't want Sum Time Spent alongside Sum Remaining Estimate because I didn't necessarily bill for every hour recorded against an issue.

The only place that displays a sum of hours billed is in Tempo.

But that field is not visible in Structure.

Any advice?

Also, I would like to have Tempo group issues in the same way they are grouped in Structure. I have set up every project with a neat hierarchy using structure. However, when I look at the monthly logs in Tempo, the issues are no longer presented in the same hierarchy I set up in Structure. Is there any way to integrate the two plugins?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

Hello,

I don't think I can offer any solution at this point, sorry!

From the Structure side, we're working on a possibility to extend the columns available in the Structure grid. Right now it's only JIRA fields and some special columns from Structure, but it will be possible to extend the available column set from other plugins. When it's done, it will be possible to add an extension that will show Billed Hours, retrieved from Tempo (if that's possible at all). It will then be possible to also display Sum of the Billed Hours too.

As for grouping issues in Tempo - this is something for the Tempo team. Structure already provides Java and REST APIs that allows other plugins to pull hierarchy information from Structure, and it is successfully used by multiple plugin vendors. We'll be happy to work with any vendor to help with integration and making plugins work together for the benefit of the end user.

Kind regards,
Igor

Hi,

We are working towards making Tempo more modular so that third-party plugins can inject custom data or rendering into Tempo views. We are dogfooding this internally first so don't expect any solution until next year.

Billed hours could be solved with a JIRA Custom Field. Feel free to suggest that on our feature forum.

As for custom grouping, such as based on Structure hierarchy, we intent to make Tempo flexible enough so that you could speficy your own grouping implementation. That implementation could use the Structure API to get the results you want.

Best,
Viðar
Tempo Product Manager

Hey BMueller. Just was curious if you're still using these two plugins together?

We're testing out JIRA now and I hope to use these two plugs in for rolling up hours from tasks to show how long it took for stories, then roll up to requirements.... and then use tempo to bill to the right project code.

I plan on testing it soon, but wanted to see what your thoughts are. Thanks!

@Igor Sereda [ALM Works]are there any news about this? It's still a highly requested feature. At the moment it's only possible to use the Account field from TEMPO.

Best

René

Hello René,

Eugene here from ALM Works. In the last few weeks we had a few calls with Tempo team and are currently figuring out what would be the most important integration points. There are a few defined ideas for integration with Tempo Budgets, but not with the rest of the tools. Do you have some specific use cases in mind?

Thank you,

Eugene

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,853 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot