How to integrate Bugzilla and JIRA cloud, such that any bugzilla bug can be tracked in JIRA Cloud

krupa September 15, 2021

How to integrate Bugzilla 5.0.6 and JIRA cloud, such that any bugzilla bug can be tracked in JIRA Cloud?

We have Bugzilla and JIRA cloud both, now we don't want to migrate all Bugzilla Issues in JIRA but, we want integration of both applications. Such as, bug raised in Bugzilla can be refecleted in Our JIRA instance and further get tracked in JIRA itself. Any changes made in state of Bug in JIRA should then be visible in respective Bugzilla Issue.

Request you to guide us for the same.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2021

You will need to code something that uses Jira's REST API to get data into Jira from the outside.  There is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222248/bugzilla-connector-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview which takes a shot at it, but I've not seen anything else that does it.  I think it's because people (rightly)  try to avoid duplicating data in disparate systems and prefer to get everyone working in one place, rather than have a Jira and a legacy bug tracker to confuse everyone.

krupa September 21, 2021

This app will work for exporting JIRA issue to Bugzilla. And I am looking for App or Plugin which can import my Bugzilla issue into JIRA cloud instance and show the status updates as per JIRA status updates

K Rahul December 12, 2022

@krupa Did you find any solution for this?

Meet Darji January 30, 2023

@krupa If you found any solution please let me know.

Brad Peterson February 3, 2023

@K Rahul @Meet Darji 

Hi,

OpsHub Integration Manager provides a solution for integrating Bugzilla and Jira, allowing for bi-directional synchronization of bugs/issues between the two tools. This integration provides clear visibility into both systems, allowing developers to track bugs in one tool without leaving the other.

If you need more information on how to implement this integration, reach out to OpsHub’s Integration Experts for an initial free consultation on your integration planning.

Thanks,

Brad

0 votes
Brad Peterson October 6, 2021

Hi Krupa,

Your use case is feasible with OpsHub's integration solution. OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) supports bidirectional integration between Bugzilla and Jira(Cloud) out of the box. Popularly syncronized entities between Bugzilla and Jira are bugs, story, defects and test cases. With OIM's bidirectional syncronization, one can track bug raised in Bugzilla from Jira itself.

You can refer to the following use case as Bugzilla and Jira Cloud will be integrated in the similar manner: https://www.opshub.com/bugzilla-integration/bugzilla-versionone-integration/

For more information, contact sales@opshub.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events