How to include SLAs for public holidays in JIRA Service Desk?

Hi,

I want to include public holidays in my Slas, as some agents work during public holidays.

Is there a way to cater for public holidays in JIRA Service Desk?

Thanks and Regards,

Swarna

1 answer

0 votes
Hello,
You need to define a different calendar for the agents.

Hi,

But these holidays exclude SLAs but i want to include holidays in my SLAs.

Thanks

Rian Spivak Community Champion Nov 07, 2017

If you have two calendars, one with Holidays included and one without the holidays defined. You assign the calendar with the holidays defined to the SLA's that you want to ignore holiday and it will continue to run during holidays.

SLAs that should stop on holidays should be assigned the Calendar with the holidays defined.

Hi,

If one calendar consists of holidays, how i am going to include the holiday dates in the calendar?

For example if i add the holiday date in the calendar, it will exclude the SLAs.

How slas will know if that it is a public holiday?

Thanks 

Swarna

Rian Spivak Community Champion Dec 07, 2017

Each SLA is associated with a particular calendar. You can have multiple calendars defined in the system. For each SLA, you can have different calendars. So, if you have a particular SLA that should ignore holidays, you assign the calendar that has no holidays defined. For another SLA that should ignore holidays, you assign that SLA the calendar with holidays defined.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,325 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you