How to import users from Crowd to JIRA?

danielhep October 31, 2013

Okay, so I have a very small JIRA/Confluence set up for a small team. We have no more than 30 users. I have Crowd set up, but I'm quickly realizing that it's not necessary for such a small scale operation. I'd like to migrate it back to JIRA so that I don't have to keep Crowd running and using precious RAM. Is it possible to go "backwards" like this, and move back to JIRA User Server from Crowd? I'd really like to do this if possible. I'm willing to use hacky methods to do it too, as long as it's not too complicated.

Thanks!

Daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2013

Do you have the users in JIRA/Confluence previously before configuring them to connect to Crowd? If yes, you can easily disable the External User Directory configured in JIRA/Confluence to have it use back the Internal Directory.

However, if the Internal Directory is empty, you can choose to recreate all the users in the Internal Directory. There are less than 30 users, I guess it should be possible. Moreover, found a documentation on reverting from Crowd to Internal Confluence Directory.

Anshuman Bakshi February 15, 2018

Cannot find the above link.

Suggest an answer