How to import Test cases in JIRA

chphani September 25, 2016

Hi all,

I want to know how to import Test cases from Excel to JIRA 

I tried with "Zephyr import utility" but i can t able to import the Test cases

If any one got success in uploading the Test cases. Kindly replay and send me the steps to execute 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
chphani September 26, 2016

Hi,

1.Download the zephyr software from the URL:  https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZFJCLOUD/Import

2.Opened the downloaded file by using double click or through Command Promt

3.Entered the url of Jira – user id and pwd  -- clicked on connect

4.Entered the Access Key, Secret Key and selected the project and Issue Type

5.Mapped the field names

6.Selected the File or folder and click on Start Import

7.upon clicking on import these messages are displaying 

Tue Sep 27 10:15:31 IST 2016 file:///D:/Zephyr import utility/phani_SATA_TCD_Masters_V0.3.xlsx, testcase name not exists at 3 row
Tue Sep 27 10:15:31 IST 2016 file:///D:/Zephyr import utility/phani_SATA_TCD_Masters_V0.3.xlsx normalization failed..!

image2016-9-27 10:15:56.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

So you followed the instructions and it worked.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2016

I think the only response possible to "if anyone got success in uploading" is "I uploaded them and it worked".  The Zephyr import does work.

You'll need to explain what is going wrong for you in a lot more detail than " it doesn't work" or "I can't".  I can't drive my car at the moment.  If I said that to you now, and then asked you to help, how could you?  I have not told you whether I've lost the keys, left the car in St Andrews, had too much to drink, been told not to by my other half, or that it's been attacked by a small horde of annoyed penguins who don't want me to leave here. 

Suggest an answer