How to import Assets from VMWARE (vSphere) into Insight?

Felix Haverkamp January 21, 2021

is there any ready to use tool or integration?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Felix Haverkamp ,

welcome the Atlassian Community!

Should this be one time import or you need to do updates of your assets regularly? Are you able to do some sort of exports - CSV, JSON...?

You can find more information about import possibilities here.

Felix Haverkamp January 22, 2021

The assets shoud be updated regularly.
Thx for the information about the import possibilities, i know that site, just wanne check if this someone has already done for VMWARE.

Like 青山 明 likes this
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2021

Hello,

Insight Discovery connects to Vmware ESXi hosts and captures the configuration for the physical and virtual servers. You may find the list of commands executed for the discovery here (search for ESXi).

Please check the Insight Discovery demo on how to automatically discover data centers.

Cheers.

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2023

@Hakan Bahadir Does Insight Discovery need to be installed on each host? Is there feature parity with Jira Cloud?

M Saeed NM Shaikh April 12, 2023

@Hakan Bahadir Hakan Bahadir : How can I use Insight Discovery for Jira Cloud ? I do not want to expose my intertal vcenter details to external IPs.

Suggest an answer