How to implement select2 in a custom field

Z-EL April 9, 2018

i have already tried to use autocomplete jquery but it didn't work, so i wanted to use auiselect2 with remote data (ajax call) but it doesn't work either.

2 answers

1 vote
Nir Haimov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2019

Hi @Z-EL 

Try this add-on
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220214/select2?hosting=server&tab=overview

It's free and will transform all your single/multi select custom field to be of type select2.

Just install and don't need to do anything else

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Hi there,

Have you seen this post from earlier? They discuss a number of add-ons that could do it as well as Javascript:

Regards,

Shannon

Z-EL April 11, 2018

Hi @Shannon S

Thank you for your response. yes i saw it.

Actually, i succeeded to make it work in create/edit  issue screen. but when  i try to modify  just the custom field. the auto select doesn't work.

I don't know if it's a question of context ?

Thanks 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Did you also have a look at the linked question from there? It has a few more examples:

They also mentioned there were some add-ons to do that, I'm not sure which ones exactly they're referring to but here's a list of some add-ons that mention Select2 in case you want to go that route:

I'm sorry I'm not able to help you much further with that! I am not familiar with jQuery myself.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer