How to group Tests together

D K August 5, 2015

Is there a way I can create a Collection of issues of type Test.

I'd like to create one JIRA that will punch together some other Test JIRAs

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

Based on your statement, you need to create another 'sub-task' issue type and name it "Test" case. This way you have a hierarchy of "EPIC > STORY > TEST"

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2015

Hello @D K

Could you please elaborate your requirement?

If what I believe is right(you have test cases ready on a sheet) you can create a bunch of test case at once  by using the Importer Utility. There is another way to achieve by Cloning the issue

Best Regards,

Zephyr Support.

D K August 6, 2015

So the clarify, I already have about 100 Test JIRAs. And I'd like create a JIRA hierarchy for my tests whereby I can group tests together. i.e. In a similar way you can create an 'EPIC' JIRA with a bunch of child 'Story' JIRAs, and these then have a bunch child 'Task' JIRAs I tried create a 'Collection' JIRA and 'Epic' JIRA but they don't seem to allow me add child JIRAs of type 'Test'

Suggest an answer