How to get a filter Generator as a transformation

anjali gola May 7, 2021

In a structure I insert issues by a JQL. I use extend generators to show child issues.

Then I use a filter generator in JQL to filter some child issues out. When setting up this filter I enable the option 'Keep Non-Issues' and also enable 'Show all sub-items of matching items". I filter on Level "Manual" with Level value set as '2'.

Instead of having this filter as part of automation, I would like it to be a quick save option or a transformation. While I can recreate the JQL part, how do I set the other options (Keep non-issues, show all sub-items, manual level 2) in a query?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi @anjali gola  You can add JQL as Quick transformation. Select Extend transformation.

https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Using+Transformations

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi, guys. Thank you, @Vikrant Yadav

Just so other readers don't get confused, the quick transformation feature has not yet arrived in Structure Cloud.  The documentation link you shared, Vikrant, is for the on-prem editions of Structure.  

@anjali gola , your post was originally tagged for cloud and jira-cloud.  Are you in fact using an on-prem edition of Jira? 

If so, it would be a good idea to adjust the tags accordingly for the benefit of future readers.  :) 

-dave [ALM Works - the company that makes Structure]

anjali gola June 16, 2021

Yes, we use an on-perm version. I removed the 'cloud' tag, is there a better one I should add?

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

H, @anjali gola. I added jira-server and server to help future visitors find this post. :)

Best,

-dave 

Like anjali gola likes this
1 vote
anjali gola May 7, 2021

Thanks, yes I just figured that out. 

Suggest an answer