Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to get Jira to send an email to an Assignee one day before due date on ticket

Ok, all I need is Jira to send a reminder email to the Ticket Assignee 1 day before the due date on a ticket.

This seems like a simple request, but cannot get this done.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Ted You will need to create an automation rule with a scheduled trigger, e.g. runs every day at 9am.

In your schedule trigger you can include a JQL to search for issues, which is where you will need to add duedate = startofday("+1d") to find all tasks with a due date of tomorrow.

You will then use the Send Email action to send the email to the assignee.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Now a dumb question, how would you do this?  I am very new to using SQL so can you please give me some pointers?

1. Go to Project Settings > Automation then click on Create Rule
  2. Select the Scheduled trigger
    1. You can use CRON statements here if you wish to select a specific recurring schedule - e.g. a CRON statement of 0 0 8 * * ? will schedule the rule every single day at 8am
    2. You will want to tick the "run a JQL" checkbox and enter the JQL in my above message, which will action all tasks with a due date of tomorrow. You might also want to add in any other JQL conditions if you wish (e.g. issuetype, status etc.)
    3. You might also want to check the "only include issues..." checkbox, if there are many issues in your project, as otherwise it might affect the performance of the automation rule.trigger.png
  3. Using the Send Email action, enter a recipient, a subject and email body.
  4. Publish the rule and you should be good to go. With scheduled rules, you can manually trigger them for testing purposes, so I recommend giving this a go and then checking the audit log to see if it was successful or if there were any failures.rule.png

Awesome!  Thank you so much! :)

@Ted No worries! If this answered your question, feel free to hit the Accept Answer button above so if anyone in the future has the same question it might help them out :)

This worked for me!  Thank you.

1 vote
elizabeth.jones Community Leader Apr 20, 2021

You can use automation in jira to send notifications based on due date. Here's a handy thread on how to do that: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Notification-for-due-dates/qaq-p/1645896

Thank you for the link. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you