How to generate time tracking report for a sprint?

Arvind Kuamr January 30, 2019

1 - I have some difficulties understanding the time tracking report available in Jira. Is there a way i can get logged work report for each sprint?

2 - Is there a way to pre-define the story points estimation in Jira? Ex - My teams standard story point estimation is 1 point = 6 hours. Is there a i can set this in jira so if we enter story points it understands that into hours? let's say if we enter 3 points so it can automatically fill the estimate field by 18 hours.

Thanks in advance and sorry for any duplicates.

Cheers

Kumar 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshwa Marcalle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hi Kumar, 

For checking precise hours estimations on sprints we use this: 

Hours Reports (Work Log Time Reports)

And for setting up predefined hours or story points estimations we use this addon: 

Automatic Subtasks Professional

Hope this helps

Regards,

Josh
OB1

Arvind Kuamr February 1, 2019

Thank you josh. The hour reports plugin looks awesome but the automatic subtask professional is not what i was looking for. I'm trying to find a way to feed in jira that in my project 1 story point = 6 hrs so that i don't have to manually enter the time in estimation field.  

Thank you again.

Kumar

Joshwa Marcalle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2019

Got it. 

For that Story-> hours conversion/translation you could use:

1. Jira Portfolio
  2. Scriptrunner
  3. Automation for Jira

But the first thing that jumps at me when I see these overcomplex use cases is, what are we really trying to solve and is there a better way to go about it? 

The main problem with Jira is that is so customizable that people tend to easily move away from the standard way of doing things. 

What is your real use case?

Josh

Suggest an answer