How to force Default Dashboard for all the users in JIRA

Manish Kumar July 2, 2018

I am On JIRA Data center 6.4 version. As soon as user choose one of the existing dashboard as favorite, the system Default Dashboard is not anymore landing page for the user and also not available in the list of Favorite dashboard. 

I

3 answers

0 votes
Rajinder Singh September 10, 2019

Is there any way to force the System Dashboard as a default for all the users?

Manish Kumar September 10, 2019

yes I am doing at the time of creation of user in jira using a groovy script. 

Rajinder Singh September 11, 2019

Could you please share the way and script.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

It's by design.

Users who have not chosen a favourite get the system dashboard because it's intended for you to use it to show them around in general.

Then when they understand dashboards, they pick some favourites which suit them better.  They can still select the system one as a favourite - look for "system dashboard"

Oh Okie, well then if we do want to force it, I guess I can use the groovy script to add it for all the user. 

By saying this do you have any link for the documentation by Atlassian, which points out to this fact?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

Which fact?

Manish Kumar July 3, 2018

I mean is there any documentation by Atlassian about this design?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2019

Er, the docs on "configuring the dashboard"?

0 votes

The System Default Dashboard will be the home page for the user as long as they do not select any other Dashboard as Favorite. 

Is there any reason for this or this is a bug?

Suggest an answer