How to find the server name in a JIRA cloud instance

Radhika Tk April 20, 2018

Hi,

While trying to install a chrome extension for JIRA, there is field to enter the Server Name.

My predicament here :  We are using JIRA cloud and how is it possible to get the server name?

Thanks,

Radhika

3 answers

0 votes
Manoj Nayak February 2, 2020

I have the same issue, I added a JIRA assistant chrome browser plugin and it is asking for server name. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

It wants the base url of your Jira system.   The url that is the main landing point ( https://yourcloudsystem.atlassian.net/jira for example)

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2020

I get the impression that this particular browser plugin was only ever designed for Jira Server, and not for Jira Cloud, but I could be mistaken.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

What browser extension is this? 

Perhaps we can better understand if this is only for Server or Cloud instances this way. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2018

There is no accessible "server name" for a cloud service.  All you have is the url.  You could try the base url of the install.

Suggest an answer