How to find script number on a defect ?

pavan.verma@da-consultant.com November 28, 2017

How to find script number on a defect ?

2 answers

0 votes
pavan.verma@da-consultant.com December 6, 2017

Please pass on this question to a person who understands how script testing works in JIRA.

It's not necessary for everyone to know and understand everything.

This is a very basic thing in terms of a any testing or incident reporting system.

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

A lot of us know how "script testing" works in Jira.

But we can't tell you how you are doing it.  Because you have not told us.

The only "person who understands how script testing works in JIRA" we can pass this on to is you.  Because you are the only one here who knows what you are doing in your systems.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

You will need to explain what a "script number" is, and possibly what a "defect" means to you in Jira terms.

pavan.verma@da-consultant.com November 28, 2017

I thought JIRA is meant for script testing.

Script number is the Test id and defect number is the issue id.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2017

It is one thing it can be used for.

How are you storing "Test ID" in Jira?

"Defect number" is easy - any report you choose can include the issue ID and you can jump to that via URL or quicksearch by simply using it (or key = abc-123 in a search)

pavan.verma@da-consultant.com November 30, 2017

I don't know I am a user, how test id should be stored ?

How many different ways are there of storing "Test ID" ?

It is a very basic question and functionality.

JIRA is being used for incident  ( defect) reporting. These defects can come out of a script (test id).

In a step of a test / script we attach a defect.

Now when we look at defect (in quick search) and go into the details of the defect then info of test id is missing. 

How to establish link of a defect which is generated out of a script ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2017

I don't know!   It's your system!  I can't tell you what you have configured.

I would guess that your admin should have set it up as a custom field of some sort, then your script will have to update that field.

Suggest an answer