How to find issues which are updated by a specific user using JQL?

Steven Lloyd November 6, 2018

I am looking for a little assistance with the above,

We require the ability to be able to report on/use filters to show how many issues are user has touched over a specific period of time (Including transitioning, commenting, editing), is this possible? 

I know it is possible to use; 

status changed by slloyd

which would show which statuses have been changed, but is it possible to go deeper in and see how many issues have exactly been touched?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
lececere September 6, 2019

Hi Steven,

You can now use the updatedby() JQL function to get this information. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver081/advanced-searching-functions-reference-970611548.html

Laurie

erik-foxcroft May 24, 2022

That is exactly what I want, but when I try to use this function it does not show up in the syntax help and I get an error when I run the query.  What do I need to do to get this function?

erik-foxcroft May 24, 2022

I have found out how to do this.  You need a statement like:

issuekey IN updatedBy(<username>)

Like # people like this
knedlik July 28, 2022

Thanks. For anyone interested here is more detailed info about how to use this filter: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jql-filter-query-display-quot-Updated-BY-quot/qaq-p/802353

Vladislav Polyutkin December 22, 2023

My example for JIRA Software DC:

• issuekey IN updatedBy("jsmith", "-1d") and assignee = "jsmith" and (status = Resolved or status = "Done") ORDER BY updatedDate DESC
2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2018

Hello Steven,

To return all issues that have been "touched" by a specific user on JIRA, you will need to use a plugin to do this.

My recommendation is to use JQL Search Extensions for Jira that provide you a new parameter to search for any updated details on issues.

Suggest an answer