How to find inactive, open tickets

Sahar Rahgozar January 17, 2020

Hi all, 

I'd like to know if there is a way to filter out open tickets that have been inactive for > 30 days, 60 days, 90 days (for example). My team sends out weekly reports outlining # of open tickets, # of tickets waiting for customer, # of tickets waiting on support, etc and I don't want that number to be skewed by resolved issues that haven't been closed for whatever reason. 

Is there a JQL to locate these tickets? 

Thank you in advance for your insight!

3 answers

1 vote
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hi @Sahar Rahgozar 

Jira treats a ticket as open until the resolution value is set. Below JQL will give you all the open tickets which are not updated in last 30 days.

resolution is EMPTY AND updatedDate <= -30d
1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Jira doesn't have the concept of "active" and "inactive" issues, but you can use the Updated Date to search for things that haven't been modified in a while.  Here is sample JQL that should point you in the right direction:

updated < 2019-09-30

Just change the date to the latest date you want to see. 

0 votes
Sahar Rahgozar January 20, 2020

Hi @Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]  and @Veera

Thank you both so much for the input! I tried the JQL that you've provided, and I was able to filter out open tickets that haven't been updated for 30+ days. 

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Sahar

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

You are welcome @Sahar Rahgozar . 

Suggest an answer