How to find a cycletime of a user story

Parveen Taj May 17, 2023

I have a structure and pulled all the tickets into it for a xyz project.

1. Feature and user story are linked as parent and child 

2. How fo I calculate of find the days/time taken for a story to move from one state to another

For example time taken from to do-> in progress

Time taken ftom in progress-> review

Time taken from review -> done

Basically I want to build a cycle time for each story and I don't have any plug-ins like time in status report..

2 answers

1 vote
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2023

Hello @Parveen Taj 

As an alternative you can try Time between Statuses developed by my SaaSJet team, which gives you ability to find the days/time taken for a story to move from one state to another

How it looks like:
 Знімок екрана 2023-05-09 о 14.37.43.png

Also you can set the start/stop/pause timers to get Jira time in status data. Determine time limits to highlight overdue issues. And you will be able to send email notifications about warning issues.

After you will be able to export the report as CSV or XLSX files easily.

Add-on has a 30-day free trial version and free up to 10 users. 
Please, let me know if you have any questions

Hope it helps 😌
Valeriia

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Parveen Taj

If you are looking for a completely free solution, you can try Status Time Free app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status and it is the limited version of Status Time Reports app.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. For how to videos, you can have a look at Status Time Reports How to Videos.

For more detail on cycle time, you can read Cycle Time and Lead Time in Jira: Productivity Measurement with Two Critical Parameters article.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer