How to filter for all epics with a certain label and all issues in these epics

I am trying to figure out if i can use the label tag in stories, kind of like Epics which you can easily distingush which stories you have associated with that specific Epic. Trying to do that same with Labels and if that is even possible within JIRA.

Example: "Retail business line" is the Epic, and "Systems" + "Admin" are the labels. Can i search out "Systems" as the label easily, lets say i had 5 different stories that had the tag "Systems". Can i find those easily in some sort of search regardless if they are apart of the same epic?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Michael,

Just to clarify, if you have an Epic named Retail business line and two labels, System and Admin, you would like to know if you can search for the issues with the label System?

You can do that with a JQL search: labels = toast

Let me know if you're looking to do something else.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Branden,

thanks for the quick response. Yes essentially what I'm trying to do is have a way to search out all my stories that are associated to a certain label system for example, because you can easily search by Epic and even see how many items are associated with the Epic and even break it down into how many story points, completed etc. 

When you say JQL search what do you mean? I try to search for the labels in the search function top right but it doesn't sort by that only by story title and key words in that. We are very new to JIRA and can't seem to get this in order as we are going to have many stories with a certain epic, but then sub sections using "Labels".

thanks. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

91 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you