How to fetch REST APIs from Jira Cloud from Java Spring Boot?

Abhishek_Pattanaik December 13, 2017

I am trying to send request to JIRA cloud server which we have to fetch REST APIs through Spring Rest Template. But I am unable to establish connection. In console it is showing like connection refused.JIRA_error.JPG

I am using Spring Rest Template basic authorization feature. Kindly help me how to establish connection from Java to Jira. Also I have tried JRJC library, there also its showing same console error.

2 answers

0 votes
Nandana July 29, 2018

Hi  @Abhishek Pattanaik, i am trytry to access jira rest api using spring boot rest template from my local .  Am gegetti unkniun host exception  coulc you pls let me know how did u resores that problem. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2018

"unknown host" means that your computer cannot find the computer you are telling it to connect to.

Check that the destination server exists and that your network can route to it (try nslookup as a starter)

Nayana Gopinath July 30, 2018

Thank you, I resolved the issue and could get the response using Jira Rest Client

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Did you first try with "curl" from command prompt? Is the curl command working fine?

I am able to fetch data when I check from Postman

Also if we try to fetch from Angular 5 Http get, it says,cors1.JPG

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2017

have you tried jsonP with angularjs?

var url = "https://api.getevents.co/event?&lat=41.904196&lng=12.465974";$http({    method: 'JSONP',    url: url}).success(function(status) {
    //your code when success
}).error(function(status) {
    //your code when fails
});

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29547003/angularjs-no-access-control-allow-origin-header-is-present-on-the-requested-r

Hey...thanks for your quick reply. I am able to fetch data using Spring Boot rest template. My system was under organization proxy control so I set the proxy and now able to fetch.

Only one query, how to do this on Angular 5 if we are under proxy.

Thanks

Tarun Sapra December 13, 2017

angular is also running on your localhost, so if you local system can pass the proxy thus so can angular code. You have to make sure that your local system is allowed to cross the proxy and use JsonP concept in angularJS

Suggest an answer