How to exclude a custom field from update notifications

How can I exclude a custom field content from being included in the update JIRA notification?

This particular field (group sign-off plugin) contains a long script that is applied during a transition into an approval status. It is rendered graphically by the plug-in on the UI, but the JIRA notificaiton sends the raw script (which is just confusing to the end user).

I would assume the principle method of removing a custom field from notifications would be the same regardless of the field type.

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

To hide some fields in email-notification I added following if-clause to velocity-template changelog.vm.

#foreach ($changeitem in $changelog.getRelated("ChildChangeItem"))
    #if(!$changeitem.getString("field").equals("FIELDNAMETOHIDE"))
		<tr valign="top">
		SOME CODE
		</tr>
    #end
#end

The file can be found for html-mails in \%JIRA-HOME%\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html\includes\fields and for text-mails in \%JIRA-HOME%\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\text\includes\fields.

Jochen, thanks for great reply!

Looks like right answer to my case.

Thank you Jochen - much appreciated!

Can any one help us with the code changes.

Jochen

What code should be written in place of "SOME CODE" below ? Please advise.

#foreach ($changeitem in $changelog.getRelated("ChildChangeItem"))
    #if(!$changeitem.getString("field").equals("FIELDNAMETOHIDE"))
        <tr valign="top">
        SOME CODE
        </tr>
    #end
#end

Depends on what you want to show in the email notification. If you let the code as it is in JIRA Standard and just insert the if-clause, notifications are sent as normal but not for the change event of the excluded field. 

i'm also interesting in this question.

guys, is there any news to this topic?

any update on this?

Does anybody have an idea, how to do this programmatically in scope of a plugin development?

My developed custom field also contain some "cryptic" uninteresting content for the user and I don't want to delegate the problem to an administrator who is running the plugin in his JIRA instanz.

Is there any other method available to suppress the Jira Notifications for a particular field without really making the changes in core templates ?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

55 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you