How to enable SSO login to Jira Service Desk?

Hi,

I am impressed with JIRA Service Desk. I have hundreds of users and I have added all those user's email addresses into the application. We already have an employee portal where they can log timesheets, request leaves and all and we planned to use JIRA Service Desk for all kind of IT service requests.

The problem now is multiple log in. Every user will log into employee portal and also to JIRA to raise requests. They feel irritated to log in multiple times.

Is there any option (API) to enable SSO login to JIRA?

Many thanks in advance,

1 answer

If you have the Cloud service you can read about some options here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/saml-single-sign-on-873871238.html

Br, Niclas

The link above is not working. 

Identity Manager looks great, but to be honest the pricing is crazy.

I'm setting a small service desk team of five people and the yearly cost of that is 1200 USD. All good.

If I want to enable SAML so I can have centralized control of who has access to my service desk and knowledge base, I must pay 6000 USD per year for Identity Manager. I know it is currently free, but that will end when Identity Manager goes GA and the price is listed at 3 USD per user per year.

The price model for Jira Service Desk is per agent - adding a requirement of an extra license for all users (agents and end users) completely breaks the price model.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

93 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you