How to email ProForma form of fields data?

Steve Dobrioglo July 23, 2021

Hello,

How do you email ProForma form or fields data?

I have a form that gets filled and users want to have it emailed (fields data) at some point in the issue process, like when the status changes. ProForma has some automation but emailing functionality is not available - only adding the form to an issue.

I've tried creating custom Jira fields, linking ProForma fields to them, and then using automation to send an email. Unfortunately, custom fields I created are not available for selection in the email step of the automation.

How do I email ProForma fields content? I hope there's a way. Thanks much!

-Steve 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2021

Hi @Steve Dobrioglo and welcome to CAC 👋

Emailing Proforma Forms is not possible at the moment but it is on the roadmap (though I can't say when it will be developed). 

Other users have had success with Automation for Jira (AFJ) copying key fields into the email and then including a link to the issue. For example, you could say "Please see ISSUE-000 for full details." This isn't ideal but it is a pathway. You can see more about accessing the contents of ProForma Forms here.

Sometimes it helps to confirm that ProForma field data is making it to the right Jira field. In case it's helpful, here's more info on linking ProForma fields with Jira fields:

http://links.thinktilt.net/am-jira-fields

Happy to explore options with you here if none of this works.

Steve Dobrioglo July 26, 2021

Hi @Peter Preston ,

Thanks for the response! 

Linked fields values (ProForma-->Jira custom fields) are available when adding custom fields to queues but not within the "Send Email" automation step. One thing I forgot to mention is that we use Jira Server 8.2.4 for this particular project.

I probably will end up including just a link to the issue at this time as nothing else worked so far. Thanks!

-Steve

Like • Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

My pleasure, @Steve Dobrioglo. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but I think including the link is your best bet at the moment. 

Like • Steve Dobrioglo likes this
Sam Fowler March 18, 2022

Sorry meant to reply not suggest an answer

Any updates on this?

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2022

@Steve Dobrioglo @Sam Fowler 

Hi guys - when the new form builder is fully integrated with Automation for Jira, you will have the option of including smart values in the email copy. I'm not sure if that meets the need of the original post, but it could give you some additional flexibility to use form data.

The forms and A4J integration is coming up soon. I can't share an exact date, though.

Antonio Rodriguez July 25, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston is there a ticket where we can follow this integration you mentioned?

Thank you

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2022

Hi @Antonio Rodriguez 

I'm not aware of a public ticket for attaching a PDF to an email. I can see two related items in the backlog for Jira Service Management Cloud.

You're welcome to suggest this on jira.atlassian.com

If you do raise a feature suggestion ticket, share the link here. Tag me. I'll help others find and watch it. 

Antonio Rodriguez July 26, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston I was referring to what (I think) was being discussed in this thread: the ability to include values from Forms into Automation emails, like Smart Values but from the new Forms.

In your previous comment, you mentioned it was being worked on.

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2022

Got it. Thanks for clarifying @Antonio Rodriguez 

The new form automation components are available now. To pull smart values into emails using Automation, you'll need to link form fields to Jira fields or custom fields. 

The ability to use all form fields (regardless of being linked to Jira/custom fields or not) is being discussed, but I don't have any info to share on that. 

0 votes
Sam Fowler March 18, 2022

meant to reply

Suggest an answer