How to dynamically alter workflows based on key words in the issue description

Dan Pinvidic February 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced workflow configuration

I have found some existing workflows in our version 4.3 JIRA system which allowed changes to transitions based on key words defined in the issue field.  The group responsible for this is no longer available. I can't find any documentation on how this actually works. Is there supporting documentation?

Here is an example:

SIGHTING_STATE=true|false                      // adds "sighting" state for silicon issues not yet confirmed as bugs
SIGHTING_REPORT_SUBTASK=true|false  // "sighting report" subtask is created on transition to "sighting" state

3 answers

1 vote
Dan Pinvidic February 5, 2016

Thanks everyone, I will contact our admin to see what plug-in we have.

I think I have a better understanding now of how this would be done.

Dan

Dane Kantner August 16, 2017

were you ever able to determine this?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

If you can attach an xml export of your workflow - then probably someone might be able to provide further help.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

I assume that there was a plugin which analised these fields. See plugin list and try to find one to provide this functions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2016

That's my feeling too - there's no such functionality in the core workflow in JIRA between versions 2 and 7.  It looks like an instruction of some sort for a post-function to pick up.

Suggest an answer