How to display the exact date/time of Creation and Updating issue in Jira

Sofia May 19, 2023

Hello

Is it possible to customize the display of the exact date/time of issue creation and update in Jira?

Image: https://imgur.com/a/zoCf076

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2023

Hi @Sofia,

to the best of my knowledge, you can't configure this on the issue view (i.e., the screen that's shown on your screenshot). 

You can view the created and updated date in Advanced Issue Search, but unfortunately not the exact time either. There seems to be a solution for Server/DC, but not (yet) for Cloud; see here.

Best,

Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2023

Just to add to the above: I know this isn't the ideal solution, but if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to try the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields - of course, including the created and updated date and time - much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. You can also view the exact "time since updated/created", if this is easier.

This is how it looks in action:

jsm-created-date-time.gif

You can also use these fields across JXL's advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Sofia May 23, 2023

Thank you

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023
Sofia May 23, 2023

Thank you, it works

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders