How to display extra fields on customer portal (service desk)?

Hi all,

Is it possible to add custom fields or a field like 'Due date' to the customer views? We would like to share for example the 'Due date' of an issue with the customer. As far as I can see, we cannot influence the issue interface that the customer sees on the portal...

Thanks in advance!

Koen

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I think you misunderstood the question. He was not asking how to add the field to the FORM. He was asking how to show the field to the Customer on the portal. 

I have the same issue. My form asks a number of standard questions like Priority, Due Date, etc. However when the customer views the Request on the Customer Portal they do not see it. 

This seems like such a basic feature, why would you show them the questions on the form, but not let them see them in the Portal. 

I have the same question. To be clear, ALL fields that you add "to the form" will naturally appear on the portal - but there are fields that our customer service staff complete on the second tab of the issue, not intended for the customer to complete. For example "Criticality". We don't want the customer to complete these fields on the form. However, we'd like them to appear on the Customer Portal in order to provide that information back to the customer. I hope this makes sense.

please vote for the open ticket for this feature:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-2353

Bryan, this is NOT an open ticket for this feature. This link is for "As a customer , JIRA Service Desk Customer Portal displayed Date format as per configured in JIRA"

The topic we are discussing here has to do with custom fields that the customer does NOT populate on the portal, but are used internally (by the service desk team, for instance) to process and update the status of the request. 

I used an example, "Criticality". Our team uses that field to asses the issue and process it accordingly. The customer would like to see this field on the portal when they check the progress of the issue - but because it isn't a field on the initial form, it's not available for the customer to see., and there's no means to post it to the portal for viewing purposes.

Hey Koen,

Sure you can - go to Project Settings > Request types > Edit fields > Add a field

image2016-8-23 13-9-38.png

We are facing the same issue. Did you find a solution yet on how to add a column for due dates in the customer view?

Project settings>request types>add a field.

Same issue here.  I want to add a telephone number field on the cutomer portal.

Project settings>request types>add a field.

Thats just adding a field to the form (as Miguel said above in this thread)

It has appeared on my customer portal though.

i think it depends on the type of field. For instance "pending reason", i can populate it as a customer during the submission (after using your method to add the field to the request type), but then it is not displayed to the customer view.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

72 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you