How to disable sprints in my JIRA poject?

Dennis S_ February 8, 2019

Hello everyone,

I would like to disable the sprints feature in my JIRA project. Currently, there are the tabs Backlog and Active sprints. Is it possible to remove the active sprints tab from the project?

I´ve already found the following description (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/sprints-946603733.html) but I can´t find the feature-area.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Dennis

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2019

Hi @Dennis S_

I don't think that you can change the "type" of the project, but you can add a Kanban board to the project and use that. The board filter for the board would then be exactly the same as that for the project.

Hope this helps

Dennis S_ February 10, 2019

Thanks for the quick answer, @Warren!

3 votes
michal_holic December 7, 2021

You can simply turn off the Sprint feature in "Project Settings -> Features". However, you can do it only in case your project is "Team managed".

2 votes
Dennis S_ February 8, 2019

To clarify the problem:

There are the following three different ways to create a project:

CreateProject.PNGThe mentioned project has been created as scrum software development project. Now, I would like to change it into a kanban software development project. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Suggest an answer