How to disable notifications for all group group members

Hi, at my company we have a (licensed) JIRA configured with the default notifications scheme (Watchers + Assignee + Reporter). All users are assigned to a custom business unit group.

The issue is: each time we do any action over a task, all the members of the above group are notified by email, despite of the notification scheme, generating a lot of spam.

Why this happens? How can I exclude the recipients which are not watchers, nor assignee, nor reporter?

Thank you!

Antonio Petricca

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Antonio,

Did you check if the team members are watchers of these issues? Also, every user can choose a "do not notify me" checkbox for their actions in the user preferences.

As I said ALL the group members receive notifications regardless of thier watcher/assignee/report status.

Did you try to use the notification helper?

Joe Pitt Community Champion Oct 03, 2017

Make sure the notification scheme isn't notifying a project role the group may be attached to.

Do you have a 'fake user' with an email pointing to a distribution list that includes the group that is in the notification scheme?

This widget could not be displayed.

I used the Notifications Helpers. It says the that users cannot receive notifications, but in the real world they receive any notification!

I checked it a project role is assigned to notifications scheme, but as I said, the configuration is the standard one (watcher/assignee/reporter).

Have you checked for Joe Pitt question?

"Do you have a 'fake user' with an email pointing to a distribution list that includes the group that is in the notification scheme?"

No, I have any user of this kind.

Can I issue some query to discover why we get notifications?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 6 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

13 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you