How to disable notification for issues for a specific transition

Baybars Kumbasar March 23, 2016

Hello All.

I have a workflow that requires two basic options:

1) Open -> In Progress -> Resolved (I've used "resolve" as transition name) 

2) Open -> Garbage (I've used "discard" transition) 

Now, I don't want to receive any notifications for the "discard" transition. I do, of course, want to receive notifications for "resolve" transition.

Now, I know that I can modify notifications from the notification schemes section, but I don't know what exactly to change:

• Issue Resolved?
  • Generic Event?

Also, I see that  "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners." is listed as a post function of the "discard" transition. Would simply removing that stop all notifications?

Thanks,

Baybars 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2016

You can't remove the function to send an event, but it is still easy to do.

Create a new event called something obvious like "discard".  Change the discard transition's event firing to the new event.  Go to the notification scheme and make sure that the new event has no-one set to receive emails.

Baybars Kumbasar March 24, 2016

Thanks, as you said, I can't remove the function, but can change it to something with blank notification. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Yes, just remove all the events on the post-function of the transition you don't want to send emails from. This event is what is being processed by the JIRA event listeners and sends emails according to your notification scheme.

Baybars Kumbasar March 24, 2016

Thanks for your answer but apparently I cannot delete the post function, I can only change it. And that's what I did. 

Suggest an answer