How to disable internal notifications for customers

Ashveen Impett December 22, 2021

Hi,

We are having an issue, where, when we share internal comments within the company, The comments get notified to customers via email. This happens randomly.

Could someone please guide me where I should start to troubleshoot this?

thanks

Ashveen

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

@Ashveen Impett  Welcome to the Atlassian community

If you review the issue and the comment is marked as internal but an email was sent to the customer you should look at the customers permissions.  My guess is that this customer is more than a customer and has a license on your service desk.  

Ashveen Impett December 22, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder , thank you. Well, I just checked again, I couldn't find him in any groups or any special application access given to the Jira system. He is created as a normal customer user account. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

@Ashveen Impett 

Is this customer part of your company? Can you get one of the emails that they received so you can see where it is coming from?

Ashveen Impett December 23, 2021

@Brant Schroeder 

No he is just a customer. He sends quotations to our QUOTES task in Jira. He gets the exact same email notification as we do when we comment internally. How do we check this? Is there message trace option in Jira? ( Sorry I am a bit new to Jira)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Are you able to get a copy of the email he is receiving from him?  You can then look at the headers and see where it is coming from.

Suggest an answer