How to deploy Jira Objects to Production?

Andrea Maria Loi September 24, 2019

I would like to deploy developments to Production, possibly without installing new addons.

I found this link but is seems that it works only with "Configuration Manager for Jira" https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver083/three-stages-in-detail-976768737.html
Do you know how if is it possible without addons?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

Yes, you can do this without apps.  Manually.  You will need to sit with two screens, one in "development" and one in "production" and add all the config from dev to prod by hand.

Thanks, I am afraid you are right. I will consider to use Configuration Manager.

0 votes
Krister Broman [Advania]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Hi, I believe it is possible to import a single project by using the "Project Import" and then do a lot of manual config, there is a guide of doing it here:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/restoring-a-project-from-backup-938847691.html 

That being said, that process is full of pitfalls! IF you have this need and you plan to do this continuously, then use Configuration Manager. There is a reason for it being mentioned at a lot of places in Atlassians official documentation. You are going to take much less time and have much less issues to deal with by doing so. 

We do not do this process manually toward any of our clients just due to the risk of things going wrong. 

Thanks, I tried the "Project Import" and found that it is useful to check some data (e.g. custom fields list) but it does not import the configuration.
I will follow your wise suggestion and consider to use Configuration Manager.

Suggest an answer