How to define 'Team' information through JIRA REST API?

Simo Nieminen January 23, 2019

Hi,

How to define 'Team' information through JIRA REST API? It gives always an error: "text: Field 'Team' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."

Team can be defined with browser but it's not even visible in REST API after that. Can it be handled through REST API at all?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Simo- Are you referring to a custom field or the Team used by Tempo? If it is the one used by tempo it is teamId=1  where the number 1 would be changed to the number for the team.

example: https://jira.domain.com/rest/tempo-timesheets/3/worklogs/?dateFrom=2019-01-01&dateTo=2019-01-14&teamId=59

Simo Nieminen January 24, 2019

Hi! It's a good question. ;) I think we are not using Tempo. So it has to be some custom field. But I'll figure that out...

Like tpw_thomas likes this
Simo Nieminen January 25, 2019

I was referring to a custom field. :) It came out by filling the Team field by browser and comparing the API output to the output without Team info.

Thanks!

Like Jan likes this
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Good to hear you figured it out :)

Justin Hu June 7, 2021

bump for this, I am having the same issue...it appears to be customfield_10800 for me. when I hit the endpoint using GET I get a structure like

"customfield_10800": { "id": "168", "title": "something", "isShared": true }

where "something" is my team name. However, when I use the same structure in my POST request, I get the error

"customfield_10800": "The Team must be a string"

any advice?

edit: resolved, apparently the value of my custom field should have just been the id

Rafael Francisco Garabato Bonino June 16, 2021

Thank you @Justin Hu . You have just helped me too!

Suggest an answer